Hot Newsflash - Free Joomla Newsflash Rotator
Do you need some articles of your website to stand out of the others? Here it comes our fully configurable Joomla Newsflash rotator, based on jQuery. In module parameters, you have control over module display. You can change module width, height, border, all colors. You can add internal or external link to each image in rotation. So, don't have to mention only articles from your site.
Enjoy this FREE release from HotThemes!
Open Joomla Newsflash module parameters in Extensions > Module Manager > Hot Newsflash. You'll see that some default parameters are already there. However, you should change some of them to accomodate module for usage on your site.
- MODULE WIDTH: Overall module width. If you have border, overall width will be higher for border width (x2). Height of the module depends of images height (set this below).
- BACKGROUND COLOR: Background color of the text area in hexadecimal format (in example ffffff). You may use Color Blender to get values if you don't have software, such as Photoshop.
- BORDER WIDTH: Border width is numerical value in pixels. Type only number (in example 3).
- BORDER COLOR: Color of the border line in hexadecimal format (in example 000000).
- NUMBER OF ARTICLES: How many featured articles you'd like to show. Select number 1-5.
- DISPLAY READ MORE LINKS: Enable/disable "read more" links. They are not necessary as articles' headers are linked.
- READ MORE LINK TEXT: Text for "read more" links (if they are enabled above).
- TABS WIDTH: Width of the tabs that are used to rotate between articled. Height of the tabs are calculated automatically.
- TABS BACKGROUND COLOR (REGULAR, HOVER, ACTIVE): Color of the tabs' background in hexadecimal format.
- TABS FONT COLOR (REGULAR, HOVER, ACTIVE): Color of the tabs' font in hexadecimal format.
- FOLDER WHERE IMAGES ARE STORED: Type folder (relative to Joomla root) where your images are stored. Don't include leading or trailing slash (in example you may enter images/stories).
- WIDTH OF THE IMAGES: Self explanatory.
- HEIGHT OF THE IMAGES: Self explanatory. It also determines overall module height.
- HEADING OF ARTICLE: Please type heading of the article here.
- LINK TO ARTICLE PAGE: Please type link to the full article here, starting with http://. You can use internal or external links (internal link example http://www.yoursite.com/index.php, or external link http://www.google.com). If you don't type a link, heading and image would be displayed without link.
- ARTICLE INFO TEXT: Please type short article information text for each featured article. HTML code allowed here.
- IMAGE NAMES: Image name with extension (in example articles.jpg).
IE6+, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari
Version 1.0.4 (2010/2/9)
- Text color settings added
- Option to enable linked images added
- Option to show single or multi line text in tabs added
- Several bug fixes
Version 1.0.3 (2009/10/26)
- No conflict mode added. If you are using other libraries on your site (like mooTools or prototype), you should enable this mode in the module parameters
Version 1.0.2 (2009/10/19)
- Code changed, the module validates XHTML 1.0 Transitional now
Version 1.0.1 (2009/10/16)
- Rotation speed of articles parameter added
Version 1.0.0 (2009/10/11)
- Initial release. Please contact us if you encounter any bugs
The "Hot Newsflash" Module
utilizes the following scripts: