WordPress Weather Plugin
Hot Weather is a WordPress Weather Plugin that shows weather forecast for your place as simple widget or 3D flash-based carousel. Easy installation and integration with your WordPress site.
This plugin is XHTML/CSS compliant and cross-browser compatible, tested on IE6+, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome and Safari.
Let the sun shines! ;)
How To Use This Plugin
Open WordPress Weather plugin parameters in Appearance > Widgets > Hot Weather. There are only 3 parameters there
- DISPLAY WAY: You can select to show a small widget with current weather conditions or a 3D animation with weather forecast for the next few days.
- UNITS: It's possible to show current temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius degrees.
- LOCATION: Enter ZIP code if you want to show weather for an USA location. If you are living outside of the USA, please read the following.
Locations Outside of the USA
This plugin can show weather conditions for all major cities worldwide. You must enter your city code (not city name) in the widget parameters. To get the code for your location, please do the following:
- Go to http://www.weatherlet.com and type your city name in the search box. Weather conditions for this city will be shown. Check if it's the location that you need.
- Open source code of the weather conditions page (Firefox: CTRL+U, IE: Right-click on page > View Source).
- Around line 150 of the source code, find line that looks like this:
<param name="movie" value="http://www.weatherlet.com/weather.swf?locid=XXXXXXXX&unit=s" />
In this line, the XXXXXXXX is city code that you are looking for. Copy this code in the widget parameters to get weather conditions for your location.
The Hot Weather Plugin
is powered by :