Sales/Licensing Related Questions
I don't understand the difference between single theme/plugin order and membership plan? What's advantages of the first and the second? How long I can use your products?
- With single theme or plugin order, you will pay only for one theme or plugin. After download, you can use it forever. You will be able to download updates for this theme or plugin forever because your download access of our site will never expire.
- With any membership plan, you will be able to download ALL our themes and plugins. After download, you can use them forever. You will be able to download updates for themes and plugins during your membership period only.
Is the membership recurring? Will you charge my credit card or Paypal account automatically when subscription period is over?
Absolutely not! You can join today and forget about this membership. We will not prolong it automatically and we will not charge you for the renewals automatically. You will just receive emails that inform you when your subscription period is over. Then you decide whether you would extend your membership.
On how many domains can I install theme or plugin that I bought?
You can install all our themes and plugins on unlimited number of domains. All our products are 100% GPL compliant (just like WordPress).
Do you offer refunds after theme or plugin has been downloaded?
Since we are selling irreversible goods, we do not offer refunds. Please understand that before making purchase.
I bought a theme without the PSD file, and released later that I need the PSD file.
You'll have to send $10 for each PSD file you need on this page and then open a support ticket to inform us what PSD file you need. We will send the PSD file by email.
I need to remove HotThemes copyright notice. Is it possible?
Yes, since all our products are licensed under GPL license (just like WordPress), you can remove the copyright notices and/or rebrand them. Also, you can make other modifications of our products to make them serve your needs better.
I paid for theme/plugin or membership. How do I download files?
To download our themes and plugins, you should do the following:
- Go to http://www.hotjoomlatemplates.com/store and login with email and password that you selected during purchase.
- Click on the Downloads link (top menu).
- If your order is paid and active (green color), click the Available Downloads button.
- Download theme or plugin that you bought by clicking on its name.
Common Technical Questions
Theme has been installed on my server, but it's different than Demo shown on your server.
- Make sure you used HotStart installation method, not standard theme installation. Details about HotStart installation method has been given in documentation PDF file and in WP documentation.
- Make sure all files are uploaded successfully and correctly.
- Make sure you installed HotStart using an empty database.
- You can't install HotStart over existing WordPress site. HotStart is new WordPress installation. There's no way to copy our demo data and to keep your site's data in the same time.
Where do I edit the copyright notice?
The copyright notice is usually in Text widget. So, you would need to find out in what widget position this widget is located (check widget positions for your theme) and to edit the widget's text from the WordPress Widgets page.
Where do I change the page title (in the browser bar).
From your WordPress dashboard, you should go to Settings > General. The first two options are Site Title and Tagline and they are displayed as title of your site in the browser's bar. Change the default text here to change your site's title.
How to change the theme's logo image?
- Some themes have the Logo option in the theme options page. If you don't see the option there, you can change the logo simply by uploading a new logo file.
- You should upload new logo image in folder /wp-content/hot_themename/images. Name of the logo image is usally logo.png. Dimensions of the image (width and height) should be the same as dimensions of the original logo image. You can get the file name and dimensions of the logo in Google Chrome (Right-click on logo > Inspect Element).
Theme installed correctly and home page looks good, but I get 404 error when I click any link.
In WordPress Dashboard, under Settings > Permalinks, you probably selected an option that's not supported by your webhost, or that's not configured properly on your server.
More about WordPress permalinks can be found here. Please remember, this is not a theme issue. If you can't use the links option that you like, you should consult your hosting provider for help.
I got error message "The package could not be installed.".
The theme archive that you downloaded contains several files. There are theme itself, HotStart archive, source files, plugin files, etc. As its name says, please unzip the file you downloaded first (if you bought theme). Then read documentation file (PDF) or online documentation to learn more about the installation procedure.
After standard theme installation, the top menu is not OK.
- If you are using a theme with drop-down menu, please make a new menu in WordPress and name it as "nav" (or rename existing menu).
- If you are using a theme with mega menu, please make a new menu in WordPress and name it as "mega" (or rename existing menu).
- Drag'n'drop a menu widget to the appropriate widget position for the top menu (check the widget positions for the theme). In the widget options, select the nav or mega menu that you created previously.