Hot Image Slider - Joomla image slider module by HotThemes is a fully configurable, simple image rotator, based on jQuery. In module parameters, you have control over Joomla image slider display. You can change width, height, border. Also, you can enable or disable image titles, image descriptions and buttons. You can add internal or external link to each image in rotation. Module colors are also configurable (background, description text and buttons).
Enjoy this FREE release from HotThemes!
Open Joomla image slider parameters in Extensions > Module Manager > Hot Image Slider. You'll see that some default parameters are already there. However, you should change some of them to accommodate module for usage on your site.
- SLIDER WIDTH: Numerical value for width of the image slider module in pixels (in example 500).
- SLIDER HEIGHT: Numerical value for height of the image slider module in pixels (in example 200).
- ANIMATION TYPE: Slide or Fade
- BORDER WIDTH: Thickness of border around images. Enter numerical value in pixels (in example 20).
- BACKGROUND COLOR: Background color in hexadecimal format (in example db7d3c). You may use Color Blender to get values if you don't have software, such as Photoshop.
- DESCRIPTION TEXT COLOR: Color of image description text in hexadecimal format.
- FOLDER WHERE IMAGES ARE STORED: Type folder (relative to Joomla root) where your images are stored. Don't include leading or trailing slash (in example you may enter images/stories).
- IMAGE NAME: Image name with extension (in example articles.jpg).
- IMAGE TITLE: Title of the image. It will be displayed if enabled.
- IMAGE DESCRIPTION: Description of the image. It will be displayed if enabled.
- LINK: Link for this image, starting with http://. You can use internal or external links (internal link example http://www.yoursite.com/index.php, or external link http://www.google.com). If you don't type link, image would be displayed without link.
IE6+, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari
Version 1.1 (2011/3/16)
- Added fade transition effect with duration control
- Fixed some bugs in module for Joomla 1.6
Version 1.0.3 (2010/2/9)
- CSS class "header" renamed to avoid conflicts with certain templates
- Added option to open links in a new window
- Several bug fixes
Version 1.0.2 (2009/11/4)
- Buttons and other CSS errors fixed
- We enabled jQuery no-conflict mode. Module can work together with mooTools now
Version 1.0.1 (2009/09/19)
- Code changed, the module validates XHTML 1.0 Transitional now
Version 1.0.0 (2009/09/15)
- Initial release. Please contact us if you encounter any bugs