VirtueMart 2.0.2 is available for download. This version fixes several bugs from the previous versions, adds support for two more payment processors and, most importantly, allows usage of VirtueMart 2.0 with the latest Joomla 2.5. We have been fast as always, so new versions of our VirtueMart templates are already available for download.
The popular free Joomla component that enables Joomla with e-commerce capabilities is finally compatible with Joomla 2.5. In our Downloads section there are 3 versions of all VirtueMart based templates: Joomla 1.5 with VirtueMart 1.1, Joomla 1.7 with VirtueMart 2.0.0 (will be discontinued soon) and Joomla 2.5 with VirtueMart 2.0.2. We encourage all users who are starting with development of new website to use Joomla 2.5 with VirtueMart 2.0.2 and to install template using HotStart installation method (please read PDF instructions for details).
Upgrade process from Joomla 1.7 with VirtueMart 2.0.0 to Joomla 2.5 with VirtueMart 2.0.2
- Make backups of your Joomla files and database!
- Upgrade your website from Joomla 1.7 to Joomla 2.5 as per instructions given in Joomla 2.5 Upgrade Process
- Download the latest VirtueMart 2.0.2 (or later) from here here. The archive is named as "com_virtuemart.2.0.X_extract_first.zip" (X is the actual version number).
- Extract the archive com_virtuemart.2.0.X_extract_first.zip" on your computer and you will get two archives "com_virtuemart.2.0.X.zip" and "com_virtuemart.2.0.2_ext_aio.zip".
- Install "com_virtuemart.2.0.X.zip" from Joomla Extensions Manager as usually. This will update your current VirtueMart.
- Install "com_virtuemart.2.0.2_ext_aio.zip" from Joomla Extensions Manager as usually. This will update all VirtueMart's extensions. You can uninstall this component after that. Make sure you are uninstalling VirtueMart AIO component, not the main VirtueMart component.
- From our downloads section, download the latest package for Joomla 2.5. Extract it on your computer. Locate the file "hot_templatename25.zip" ("templatename" indicates the actual template name). Uninstall your Joomla template and install it again using file "hot_templatename25.zip". Please note: This will overwrite your template parameters. If you want to keep the template parameters, you can unzip the archive "hot_templatename25.zip" on your computer and upload files by FTP into Joomla's /templates folder (overwrite original template files).